top of page

Frequently Asked Questions: 

  1. Do I have to get Architectural Control Approval (ACC) for my project?  Probably.  If you can see it on the exterior of your house, it must be approved by the ACC.  Backyards are included. Applications are available in hard copy in the mailbox outside the Business Office doors and online under the Forms tab.  Please allow at least two weeks for approval, although the committee has 30 days to approve your project under the Bylaws of the community. If you are unsure if your proposed change/project needs approval, please check the Residential Improvement Guidelines or the Homestead Colonial Aesthetic (also available online under the ACC tab).  Approvals are valid for one year. If you haven’t started your project within a year of approval, you will need to re-submit your application.

  2. Can I email my ACC application?  Applications need to be submitted in hard copy to the Business Office.  Applications submitted electronically by vendors will not be accepted.

  3. If I see a house color, a door, or a window style I like in the neighborhood can I just install it on my home?  Every exterior change has to be approved by the ACC.  Just because you see it in the neighborhood does not mean it will be approved today.  A previous ACC committee might have approved something that is no longer approved by the current committee, or a homeowner may have made a change without obtaining approval from the ACC.

  4. I don’t agree with the ACC’s decision on my project, or I have been unfairly cited for a violation, what do I do?  Every homeowner is entitled to a hearing before the Board of Directors at the next regularly scheduled meeting.  Homeowners may appear in person (call to be added to the agenda) or may submit a written appeal. Appearing in person allows the homeowner to answer any questions the Board might have, but written appeals work well for many situations.  Please contact the Business Office at 303-793-0230 or email if you want to find out more about the appeal process.

  5. What should I do if my neighbor is violating the HOA covenants?  You can self-report the possible violation by completing a “Possible Covenant Violation” form available online under the Forms tab or available in hard copy in the mailbox outside the Business Office doors.  

  6. Will my neighbor know I reported him?  The office does not release the name of the reporting party however, the office will not act on an unsigned report.  You must state your name and telephone number when reporting a possible violation. Otherwise, the Board of Directors could be accused of unfairly targeting a homeowner.

  7. Why can’t the Board or Office just complete the form?  The Board of Directors are volunteers and don’t have time to patrol the neighborhood looking for covenant violations.  Doing so could also open them to accusations of arbitrarily targeting a homeowner.

  8. When are the Board Meetings?  Regular Board meetings are usually held on the 2nd Monday of each month except in December when no meeting is held.  Any homeowner is welcome to attend the Board meetings, however, if you would like to be on the agenda, please notify the Business office by the Friday prior to the meeting.  Occasionally meeting dates change due to Board member travel schedules. Homeowners are encouraged to check the website or call the Business Office to confirm the time and date of the monthly meeting.

  9. When is the Annual Member Meeting?  The Annual Meeting for members is held on the 2nd Monday in March at the Homestead Elementary School Gymnasium from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.

  10. Who is Homestead’s trash company and when is pickup?  Waste Connections  (303-288-2100) is the trash collector for Homestead.  Pickup is every Wednesday and recycling is every other Wednesday.  Homestead is A week for recycling and a calendar can be found here:

  11. I think a sprinkler is broken in the common area, whom do I call?  For actively running water, please text or call Homestead’s irrigation contractor directly at 303-521-6686. Please give specific information about where you have spotted the water so that the technician can locate the break quickly.  For non-emergency situations (no running water) please text or call 303-257-6301

bottom of page