POOL RULES - Only Swim Team participants and their caregivers are allowed in the North Pool enclosure prior to 12:00 p.m.
Pool access and use is limited to pool hours and private pool parties after-hours, as scheduled with the Association's pool management company. Any access and use of the pools outside of posted hours or a scheduled pool party constitutes a violation of rules and could result in trespass charges.
Please abide by the rules and talk with all members of your household about the importance of following the rules. Pool rule violations may result in fines and/or suspension of privileges. Trespassing in the pool areas may result in law enforcement involvement.
If you see suspicious activity in the pool areas after hours, please contact the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Department.
Swim Lesson Policy:
Front Range Recreation has the use of the South and West pools prior to open hours for teaching group swim lessons.
Private lessons by Swim Team Coaches or Front Range Recreation Employees will take place during regular pool hours. Lessons will take place in the lap lane. Swimmers under the age of 10 with a lesson voucher from Swim Team will have first priority if there is limited pool space available in the lap lane.
No lessons will take place during adult swim.
Private lessons by a homeowner’s personal instructor are permitted provided they take place during open swim hours and they obey the pool rules. Lessons will take place in the lap lane. Swimmers under the age of 10 with Swim Team vouchers would have priority use of the lap lane. No lessons will take place during adult swim.
Regardless of who is teaching a lesson, the lifeguard on duty is charged with enforcing the pool rules and is the final authority regarding use of the pool.
General Pool Rules:
1. The lifeguards on duty have the authority to enforce and interpret all of the pool rules.
2. Pool privileges may be suspended for up to 48 hours by the lifeguards, and for longer periods by the pool manager, for infractions of pool rules and/or regulations.
3. Children 8 years old and under who cannot prove swimming ability to the lifeguard, must be supervised by a responsible person 16 or older.
4. Children 10 years old and under must be accompanied by an ADULT during Family Swim and Late Night Swim.
5. During Adult Swim, only children three (3) years old and under are permitted in the pool with an adult.
6. Large rafts are permitted on Tube Nights only. IF SAFETY BECOMES AN ISSUE, THE LIFEGUARDS HAVE THE SOLE DISCRETION OF BANNING LARGE RAFTS. A child of non-swimming ability must be under DIRECT SUPERVISION of an adult at all times.
7. The baby pool is for use by children 6 years old and under ONLY. NO LIFEGUARD is provided and parents are responsible for children using the baby pool.
8. Only swim diapers are permitted in the pools.
9. Proper swimming attire is required in the pool area at all times. No cut-offs or shorts may be worn into the pool.
10. Guests are allowed only if accompanied by a resident.
11. All members shall be responsible for damage to property of the Association caused by their family and/or guests.
12. The pools may be rented for private use on any NON Late Night from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (ascourtesy to our fellow neighbors who live by the pools). Parties need to be scheduled through Front Range Recreation at www.frontrangerecreation.com. SMALL parties (under 15) during regular open hours are allowed, but notification to the Pool Manager, Front Range Recreation at 303-617-0221 is necessary 7 days in advance for safety and possible scheduling of lifeguards.
13. Radios must be kept at a volume that is not disruptive to others.
14. Bicycles, skate boards, roller blades, etc. are not allowed in the pool area. Roller blades must be removed before entering the pool area.
15. Animals are not allowed in the pool area at any time.
16. No person having an infectious or communicable disease or open wound is permitted in the pool area.
17. Smoking and/or other tobacco products are not allowed within any pool perimeter fence or within any pool house building.
18. Profanity is unacceptable.
19. No one who is under the age of twenty-one (21) will be served or allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, either in the pool area, parking lot or grounds of the association. No adult over the age of 21 will be allowed to consume alcoholic beverages outside of the pool area. In the event that any resident or guest is abusing or misusing alcohol on the premises, life guard will take action to suspend pool privileges and call the police to seek assistance if resident or guests do not respond to directions.
20. Vandalism or Destruction of Property Incident Procedures
Lifeguard on duty will ask offending party(ies) to immediately leave the premises.
Lifeguard will record the names of the offenders.
If the offenders do not leave the premises, the lifeguard will notify the head guard or Front Range Recreation (FRR) for back-up.
If no one can be reached the lifeguard should call the police.
Homestead's posted pool rules cite the authority of the lifeguard to enforce and interpret all pool rules.
An inventory of damage to HOA property should be conducted.
Lifeguards will take photos when possible and create a written list of all damage.
A police report will be filed if there is damage to HOA property.
Front Range personnel should notify the Pool Liaison to the Board, a Board member and/or Business Manager of the incident
HOA Action: If the identity of the vandals is known the HOA Board will telephone the parents of all parties involved within three days outlining the activity that took place, the participation of their child, and the sanction the Board wants enacted. The telephone call will be followed with a letter covering the same topics.
1. Only one person on the diving board at a time.
2. Only one bounce is allowed.
3. After going off the board, swim directly to the side and exit using the ladders.
4. Do not swim under the diving board.
5. Do not hang on the diving board.
LAP SWIM RULES:
1. Only residents with a signed waiver for the current season on file at the Business Office are eligible to swim laps.
2. Only children who are swimming laps and who have a signed waiver for the current season on file at the Business Office are allowed in the pool area during lap swim hours.
3. Children under the age of 14 who are lap swimming must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
4. Non–swimmers of any age are not allowed in the pool area during lap swim.
5. Pets are not allowed in the pool area.
6. Swim lessons must be scheduled during regular open hours and cannot be held during lap swim hours.